At TW we’re proud to be the leading accountancy firm in Herefordshire when it comes to assisting the County’s Schools.
How have we done it?
Simple really, by asking them what help and support they want and tailoring our service to providing exactly that and more, all at a competitive, fixed price.
Business Managers, Head Teachers and Governors consistently tell us it’s very reassuring that we have plenty of experience when it comes to working with academies, colleges and independent schools.
They’re reassured to know we can help with all of the various returns, in addition to the audit, to ensure they comply with the many reporting requirements.
However, it’s much, much more than the audit! Schools want a collaborative partner to support them and to help them get it right every step of the way.
What’s more they prefer their partner to be local; someone they can phone whenever they need help and is able to meet face-to-face to discuss whatever issues may arise. A professional advisor prepared to act as a sounding board on a ‘phone a friend’ basis.
When it comes to assisting the region’s growing number of academies we are often the first firm schools turn to and there are a number of reasons which have helped us achieve this reputation.
One of the main reasons that academy schools work with our practice is our simple, no nonsense, forward-thinking approach and our specifically tailored support.
As a firm we take time to understand each of our education client’s requirements and build services around them.
School leaders consistently tell us how reassuring it is to have our experienced team working with them on their various returns, audits and reporting requirements.
Our academy conversion services include:
- due diligence
- advising governors and trustees on their new responsibilities
- discussing financial issues that may affect the conversion process
- advising on financial improvements
- establishing internal controls and procedures
- setting up a suitable accounting system.
Once your academy is established we will help you with the ongoing requirements of managing the school’s finances and compliance requirements.
Our support for academies includes:
- preparing accounts compliant with the Academies Accounts Direction, Charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) and the Companies Act
- auditing financial year end statements and regularity reporting
- bookkeeping and payroll facilities
- providing meaningful management accounts and helping to interpret the data
- assisting with cash flow planning and budgeting
- helping with VAT registration/VAT 126 as appropriate providing company secretarial services
- managing various pension issues
- our innovative Xero Financial Management Software for academies.
Xero for Education
As well-respected academy accountants, we recognise that conversion can sometimes feel like a journey into uncharted territory. Or maybe you are a MAT in need of a helping hand to ensure your expansion plans really take off?
Check out how you can let your financial management soar with our Xero for Education cloud-based accounting software created especially for academies.
Academies need a close partner to support them, which is why we stand side-by side with our clients to make sure they can get on with providing a first-class education to their pupils without having to worry about compliance or their finances.
Does this sound like the type of accountancy partner you’re looking for?
TW provide all of these benefits to our clients because this is what they want and we believe this is the reason we’ve become the leading accountancy firm for education providers in Herefordshire.
For further details or to arrange a meeting, please contact a member of our academies team.