We are delighted to announce that we are currently recruiting for a number of positions within Thorne Widgery’s team.
If you know of anyone who is an experienced accountant or if you aware of anyone seeking a trainee role at a leading practice, then please ask them to get in contact with us.
Audit Senior and Semi-Senior Accountant
Working for Thorne Widgery as part of the Audit team is exciting and challenging. We are potentially looking for two roles within the audit team, to start at the end of March / beginning of April.
This is the chance to join a forward-thinking and progressive business, delivering excellence in results and building long-term relationships.
You will be self-motivated, highly organised and analytical with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You will have excellent communication skills and experience of influencing stakeholders. You will thrive on participating in and managing projects, identifying improvements and delivering a great service as well as having an approach that fits with our company values.
- Experience within an accountancy practice for at least:
- 6 months for the Semi Senior Audit role
- 12 months for the Senior Audit role
- P/Qualified or Qualified ACA/ACCA (QBE will also be considered)
- Audit as a proportion of your previous role
- Up to date technical knowledge and skills in the audit field
- Organisational and time management skills
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Highly motivated, committed with positive and ambitious attitude
- An enquiring mind is encouraged
- Undertake audits and assurance work of limited companies, charities, education clients and other not for profit sector clients
- Working closely with a manager to meet client and professional development targets
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients and their staff, undertake a pro-active interest and awareness of client sectors and businesses
- Support and work with Audit team and across other areas of the practice
- Senior role will be accountable for audits assigned; including planning, execution and completion of work on time and to budget
Does what we offer tick your boxes?
The opportunity to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced company with an expanding footprint and competitive benefits package.
The role will be challenging and busy yet exciting – on offer is a fantastic work, life and fun balance, a great work environment plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future success of the business.
As well as a competitive salary (dependent on level and experience) and workplace pension, there is potential for flexible working, taking part in team-wide events, and free on-site parking.
We are the largest independent chartered accountancy practice and business advisors in Herefordshire, and growing! Based in the Herefordshire countryside, yet within 10 minutes’ drive to the city centre and within an hour of Shropshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and Wales.
Experienced Senior and Semi-Senior Accountant
Thorne Widgery, the largest independent Chartered Accountancy practice and Business Consultancy in Herefordshire is looking to recruit both a Senior and Semi-Senior Accountant to join our team. You will be working on a wide variety of assignments for a group of the firm’s clients, who range from local owner-managed businesses to large organisations.
This role will suit if you have some previous experience in an accountancy practice; competent accounts and / or audit experience, organised and an excellent communicator. Ideally, you will hold a relevant accounting qualification or are part-qualified AAT / ACCA /ACA or be Qualified by Experience.
Positions are open to full or part-time working hours.
Work will be varied but will typically include preparing financial statements, producing statutory accounts files for manager or partner review, assisting with audit or tax work and attending client meetings.
You will be:
- Working with a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships and small Limited companies
- Preparation of year end accounts and management accounts
- Participate in audits / independent examination of limited companies, charities, education clients and other not for profit sector clients
- Managing the working of, and developing junior team members
– Desirable – ACCA / ACA qualified, part qualified, QBE
– Desirable – MAAT
– At least 6 months experience in an Accountancy Practice
– Car Owner/Driver
– Accounts or audit experience
– A good communicator work well as part of a team
In addition to salary and annual leave we offer auto-enrolment pension and free onsite parking.
CPD is encouraged and supported by the company.
At Thorne Widgery we’re proud of our 70 year history and being the largest independent accountancy practice in Hereford. We believe good business is built on good planning. So when we’re looking to the future we know its key to recruit apprentices with great technical skills, to ensure we have strong resources to grow our business in the years ahead.
Apprentices working with us benefit from exposure to a varied customer base, from businesses of all sizes through to schools and non-profit organisations. They have the opportunity to experience a wide range of accountancy processes whilst developing their skills and knowledge. It is our experience that many apprentices have performed a number of different accountancy roles by the time they have completed their training programme.
At Thorne Widgery one of our greatest resources is our team and we know that it is the quality of our people that enables us to deliver our high quality services to clients.
As an innovative and forward-thinking accountancy firm we are always on the lookout for qualified professionals from across the various areas of our practice, including tax, audit, charities, payroll and accounts, to join our existing highly-qualified staff members.
Our apprenticeship programme is fully supported by HWGTA, which as an employer, gives us a joined-up approach to trainee’s progression at college whilst gaining MAAT and ACCA accreditation.
Looking further to the future, many of our former apprentices are still enjoying a rewarding career at Thorne Widgery, many after more years than they’d care to remember!
We want the very best to be part of the team at TW, so we’re always looking to meet high calibre, enthusiastic, hardworking people to join us. Whilst we sometimes do have specific vacancies available please still register your interest in working with us, as an expanding business we could just be looking for someone with your set of skills.
We would really love to hear from you if you’re:-
- Highly motivated
- Have exemplary interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team
- Can offer something really special and different
- You want to make the most of your skills