As Herefordshire’s largest firm of independent accountants we already work closely with a large number of local farmers operating across a wide range of agricultural enterprises. Because we work so closely with them, we think we know what makes famers tick and what kind of support they want from their accountant.
Of course, there’s the traditional accountancy support; the accounts, bookkeeping, VAT returns – all the things you have to do to meet your statutory requirements. However, above all we know our farming clients want us to be proactive, particularly when it comes to saving tax!
At TW we support our clients in areas such as:
- Making sure best use has been made of available allowances
- Acting as a sounding board for diversification or succession planning
- Strategy decisions (for example understanding the financial impact of renewable energies)
- Using forecasting as a business tool or as a means to help raise finance
- Identifying key business success indicators and then implementing systems to measure them
We find our farming clients like anything that helps makes bookkeeping simpler. Xero cloud based accounting software is increasingly popular with many of them but we are equally at home with Sage, Farmplan and Landmark to name but a few.
So if you’re looking for an accountant to help take the strain so that you can concentrate on what you do best, why not pick up the phone and chat with us. We may not be able to do much about the weather, but there’s a lot of business advice we can help with!